Monday 5 October 2009

Cover of Syd Barretts Milky Way



I noticed some chords in the sheets were wrong for this, plus Syd variated with the chords a little, I didn't take note of where the exact variations were however, but I can give you the basic idea for what was happening and what I was doing.

Chords I used

F (for F2 and F3, I just mean play this from the 2nd and 3rd fret instead of the 1st)
e -x-|---|---|---|---|
B -x-|---|---|---|---|
G ---|-x-|---|---|---|
D ---|---|-x-|---|---|
A ---|---|---|---|---|
E ---|---|---|---|---|

A*
e ---|---|---|---|-x-|
B ---|-x-|---|---|---|
G ---|-x-|---|---|---|
D ---|-x-|---|---|---|
A ---|---|---|---|---|
E ---|---|---|---|---|

The rest of the chords are as simple as muck chords, their the same as they are in the link I referenced in the first paragraph, use them or search chord finder in google to get the chords or something.

E-----------------------------------------------------B----------
What you ever have to say when your in the milky way
-----------A--------------------------E--------
Oh tell me please, just to give you a squeeze
----Dm---------F---------A-----------
If I met you, I told you, what to do
F------A------F-------------A---------F-------A--B-----A-F#-B
Seems awhile, since I could smile the way you do...

E-------------------------------------------------B----------
How many times if I try if I may when your in the milky way
---------------D----C-----------A----
Take half your time, besides me only
----Dm-------------------F-------------------A--
Atmosphere, the singular raised by heats and wet
F------D------F3------------A---------F2---A----B-----A-F#-B
Seems awhile, since I could smile the way you do


Theres the 2 variations, plus he ends the last line differently like this

F----------D-----F3-------A---F2------A-B-----A-B-A*
Means five miles and everyway for you...

I'd like to think that at the moment, my playing probably sounds terrible, and my voice too, but that with practice, I'll go through most of the songs I know, and then start replaying ones I already did covers for (like calling them version 2) and finding out that I am getting better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers